Fulcrum Introduces Workflow Capabilities to Drive Process Automation and Performance Optimization for Mobile Teams
New Enhancements Allow Customers to Modernize their Mobile Workforces Without Writing Code
St. Petersburg, Fla., August 24, 2020 —Fulcrum today announced new workflow capabilities that improve performance among mobile teams by creating data-driven processes for workgroups and business units, while extending and enhancing CRM applications, asset management platforms, and other enterprise systems using data captured from the field. Novice “citizen” developers can leverage these capabilities within the Fulcrum platform to build dynamic workflows without coding knowledge.
The new functionality solidifies Fulcrum’s position as the industry’s leading no-code SaaS platform for streamlining mobile data collection, automating workflows, and providing data-driven insights that drive digital transformation for mobile workforces.
“Fulcrum’s powerful mobile data collection capabilities have been integral to our solutions for years, so we’re excited to see the native workflow automation addition to the platform,” said Chris Bartlett, chief technology officer, Sequel Group. “It’s becoming a more complete, end-to-end no-code application platform that mitigates risk, speeds up project completion, and ensures cost-effectiveness for our customers.”
Fulcrum’s workflow automation capabilities allow users to boost mobile productivity and reduce costs by harnessing the data collected to initiate a process that can be rapidly configured and maintained without IT support. Customers can now:
- Trigger automated workflows simply and visually – without writing code – based on data in the records collected.
- Make process changes easier for mobile users by fine-tuning and instantly deploying workflows, whether to continually improve processes, to adjust to changing safety standards, or to update inspection requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Deploy new and updated workflows to team’s mobile devices in seconds, without paper or desktop sync issues.
- Deliver automatically generated, fully-formatted PDF reports to stakeholders in less time than it would take to transcribe a paper form.
- Use location-tagged, timestamped data to assess work requirements and match available resources to work orders.
- Send alerts to make sure that team members are aware of assigned actions .
- Use webhooks to extend workflows into the enterprise without rekeying data.
- Provide secure integration with IT using supported APIs and IT-friendly formats such as JSON.
John Bratincevic, senior analyst at Forrester focusing on citizen developers, low-code development platforms, and digital process automation, said, “…[Low-code] platforms are generally used to tackle many variants of ‘business applications.’ Customer relationship management, order management, logistics management, marketing automation, many kinds of inspections, tracking pretty much everything under the sun, project management, online marketplaces, field services, financial processes, many forms of operations management. . . almost anything! These ’citizen developers’ usually start with simple workflow or tracking apps…if the person can use spreadsheets, he or she can handle doing at least some development using low-code platforms.”
“For years, customers have relied on Fulcrum as the gold standard for building and deploying apps that simplify data collection in the field without requiring IT support,” said Jim Grady, chief executive officer, Fulcrum. “With the delivery of workflow automation to complement our data collection and analysis capabilities, we are now transforming the way customers manage their mobile workforces by allowing them to take a data-driven approach to process improvement while avoiding IT backlog. By empowering the people closest to field processes to effect change based on data and analysis, we are unlocking significant enterprise value in terms of time and cost savings.”
Fulcrum’s vision is to reduce the time, cost, and risk associated with data collection, workflow automation, and analytics by transforming the way our customers perform mobile business processes. Our SaaS platform allows non-developers to rapidly build and deploy apps — in minutes rather than days — without code. The result is rapid time to value for customers, high-fidelity data collection and reporting, and a data-driven approach to process automation and performance optimization for mobile teams. Our customers rely on Fulcrum to ensure safety and quality, stay compliant, protect property and secure assets, maintain and enhance existing infrastructure, and keep new infrastructure projects on-time and on-budget. For more information, please visit fulcrumapp.com.
Fulcrum is proudly developed by Spatial Networks, Inc.