Comprehensive Hospital Preparedness Checklist for COVID-2019
The CDC, with input from partners, has developed a checklist to help hospitals (acute care facilities) assess and improve their preparedness.
All U.S. hospitals should be prepared for the possible arrival of patients with COVID-19. All hospitals should ensure their staff are trained, equipped and capable of practices needed to:
1. Prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the facility;
2. Promptly identify and isolate patients with possible COVID-19 and inform the correct facility staff and public health authorities;
3. Care for a limited number of patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 as part of routine operations;
4. Potentially care for a larger number of patients in the context of an escalating outbreak while maintaining adequate care for other patients;
5. Monitor and manage any healthcare personnel that might be exposed to COVID-19; and
6. Communicate effectively within the facility and plan for appropriate external communication related to COVID-19.