As we continue to expand our enterprise offerings, we are excited to announce the release of Fulcrum Audit Logs! Audit Logs provide account administrators with a single source of all user activity within a Fulcrum organization. This detailed activity log can be used to review general user activity, troubleshoot technical issues, or as an audit trail during incident reviews to help monitor and prevent suspicious activity. When you have a large team of users all collaborating on projects with Fulcrum, Audit Logs provide a place for tracking a history of user activity so it’s easier to track changes made over time.
Below is a list of the sources and corresponding actions that are now continuously tracked and logged in Fulcrum:
- Form (Create, Update, Delete, Permission Update) — changes to form templates
- Export (Create, Download, Delete) — exports of data
- Import (Create, Delete) — imports of data
- Organization (Update, Plan Change, Billing Email Change, Credit Card Change) — account-wide changes to the organization
- Membership (Create, Update, Delete, Role Change, Permission Update) — adding or removing users from your organization
- Role (Create, Update, Delete) — modifying custom role settings
- Data Share (Enabled, Disabled) — changes to Data Shares
- Choice List (Create, Update, Delete)
- Classification Set (Create, Update, Delete)
- Project (Create, Update, Delete, Permission Update)
- Layer (Create, Update, Delete, Permission Update)
- Webhook: (Create, Update, Delete)
- Authorization (API Key) (Create, Update, Delete, Reset) — when API keys are generated or changed
- Audit Log (Export) — exporting the Audit Log history itself
When an event is logged, the following information is captured and made available via the Audit Log table in Fulcrum:
- Time: Timestamp when the log was recorded
- Source: Type of log entry (see list above)
- Action: Action associated with the event (see above)
- Description: Brief description of the logged activity
- Member: Name of the Fulcrum member that triggered the activity
- IP Address: Internet Protocol address of the device that triggered the activity
- Location: Geographic location derrived from the approximate IP location of the device that triggered the activity
Audit Log Access
Starting today, audited actions will be logged for all Fulcrum organizations, regardless of your plan. This will provide our support staff with additional tools to help troubleshoot technical issues within your account and begin the audit history for your organization.
Customers on Enterprise plans also have access to review, sort, filter, and export log entries directly within Fulcrum in the new Audit Logs settings tab. Enterprise plans also include programmatic access to this information via our new Audit Logs API endpoint. The API provides some additional information beyond the standard columns found in the Audit Log table and is useful for integrating with a centralized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
As our customer base continues to grow and Fulcrum becomes a critical business tool, we’ve recognized the importance of making our platform Enterprise Ready. We will continue investing in this area and are excited to be launching features such as Audit Logs, Service Level Agreements (SLA), and Single Sign-On (SSO), in addition to some critical backend systems rearchitecture and database improvements in support of this enterprise initiative.
We appreciate your investment in our products and are committed to making additional platform improvements and investments for long-term growth. Contact us today for more information on how our Enterprise offerings can empower your organization with industry leading data collection tools.
Fulcrum is a data collection platform that enables businesses to reduce costs, access critical data in real time, and improve decision making at every level. With Fulcrum, you can create custom apps using our simple drag-and-drop builder to turn your paper documents into digital forms that your field teams can quickly complete on mobile devices.